Thursday, May 1, 2008

No More Snow!

Oh, am I glad it is finally spring. The past winter was a tough one for my spirits! THe sun is out now though and my flowers are all popping out of their earthy world andf into mine! I love walking in the garden and counting buds on those blooms that only greet me once a year! I am eagerly awaiting my peonies, iris, columbine and more while I am happy to see the bright blue of the forget-me-nots and the lovely shape of the bleeding hearts.

If you love the garden, make a point to schedule a trip to see some of the gardens of Atchison. THe Wild Iris Garden Club (so named because of the wild women that founded it - yours truly being one of them) is hosting the 2nd Annual Garden Tours Friday June 13 from 1pm - 7pm and Saturday June 14 from 10am - 4pm.

Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 the weekend of the event. Buy your tickets at any of the following:
Marigold Bakery-Cafe 715 Commercial, Fresh 721 Commercial or Snowball Ice Cream and Candy SHoppe 111 N 8th all in Atchison. You can mail in checks along with a self addressed envelope or request a will call ticket with your checks sent to:
Fresh 721 Commercial Atchison, KS 66002.

Part of the proceeds will go to helping create beautiful gardens at our local library.

The tours will have art by local artists on display at various houses. The art can be purchased at the booths set up in Atchison's Historic West End District along 8th Street between Commercial and Kansas Ave. While you are ther sample some tea as you will have stumbled right into the heart of our Garden Tea Party!

Enjoy this gardeners event....a great get away for Fathers day celebrations.

No comments: